State-run Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd for first time has successfully flown home-made 5.8-tonne Light Combat Helicopter (LCH) with its own automatic flight control system.
The 20 minute maiden flight of the multirole copter was flawless with the engagement of the flight control system throughout.
The indigenous flight control system of LCH developed by HAL will replace the imported Its twin-seat chopper is equipped for day-and-night combat operations with digital camouflage system for stealth actions and is known for its agility.
- The helicopter is powered by two Shakti engines.
- It is also equipped with day and night targeting systems for crew, including helmet-pointed sight and electro-optical pod.
- Many features of the indigenous Advanced Light Helicopter (ALH) Dhruv are also included in Light Combat Helicopter.
- Four technology demonstrators of the LCH are built for flight testing by the bengaluru based company.
- Light Combat Helicopter (LCH) also participated in the Iron Fist exercise during March 2016 session.
Government of India – Ministry of Commerce & Industry has launched its third version of the Government e-Marketplace (GeM 3.0) .
GeM will Benefit the Government in many ways like –
- It will bring Transparency and Efficiency .
- It is Secure and safe.
- GeM has Potential to support Make in India.
- It will increase Government savings as the transparency, efficiency and ease of use of the GeM portal will provide a substantial reduction in prices on GeM.
- Government E-Market (GeM) is an Online Market platform to facilitate procurement of goods and services by various Ministries and agencies of the Government and been envisaged as National Procurement Portal of India.
- The earlier version GeM 2.0 was launched as pilot project in August 2016.
- It is completely paperless, cashless and system driven e-marketplace that enables procurement/acquiring of common use goods and services with minimal human interface.
- It also focuses to enhance transparency, efficiency and speed in public procurement of goods and services and in the removal of corrupt activities and lowers corruption.
- It works out under Directorate General of Supplies and Disposals (DGS&D), Ministry of Commerce and Industries.