Prime Minister Narendra Modi laid the foundation stone-laying ceremony for construction of first traditional Hindu temple in Al Wathba, Abu Dhabi, the capital city of United Arab Emirates (UAE). It will be the first traditional Hindu stone temple in the Middle East.The UAE government had allocated land for the temple during PM Modi’s first visit to the gulf country in 2015.
Key Points: Hindu temple in Abu Dhabi
- It will be the first traditional Hindu stone temple in the Middle East and to be built in Abu Dhabi off Dubai-Abu Dhabi highway. The first Hindu temple in Abu Dhabi will come up on 55,000 square metres of land.
- The temple will replicate the BAPS temple ,Bochasanwasi Shri Akshar Purushottam Swaminarayan Sanstha (BAPS), is a socio-spiritual Hindu organisation set up in 1907 n New Delhi the one under construction in New Jersey.
- The temple will incorporate all aspects and features of a traditional Hindu temple as part of a fully functional, social, cultural and spiritual complex.
- The temple design and structure is along the lines of the Akshardham temple in Delhi and other places and will include idols of Lord Krishna, Lord Maheshwara, Lord Ayyappa and more .
- The temple will be hand-carved by Indian temple artisans and assembled in the UAE and will be completed by 2020, and open to people of all religious backgrounds.