By Dr. Bijay Ketan Upadhyaya,I.A.S.
Rank 5, CSE 2008.
1. Whatever the test will be, one thing is for sure ¦ The importance of Current Events will not decrease. In my opinion, its significance will increase. So it makes sense to go through 2 National Dailies everyday for 2-3 hours & jot down important news items. You can go through ¦
¢ The Hindu
¢ The Times of India
¢ The Economic Times (If possible)
2. You should make your mathematics, reasoning & mental ability side strong .For this you can begin with :-
¢ Quick math for Bank PO Exam by M Tyra
¢ Quantitative Aptitude & Reasoning by R S Agarwal
¢ Simple Aptitude & Mental ability books for Bank PO & NOT for CAT of IIMs will be helpful. CSAT will be a much simplified version of CAT.
3. Prepare one optional very well & General Studies. These two things you must be very strong. As the pattern of Prelims & Mains is not clear at this point.
4. Common books to be read in the initial days which will be important always :-
¢ Modern India by Bipan Chandra NCERT
¢ India Year Book
¢ Manorama Year Book
¢ NCERT 11th & 12th standard books on History, Geography & Economics
¢ General Science book of CBSE or NCERT 9th & 10th standard
¢ TMH General Studies Guide (Especially General Knowledge & General Mental Ability area will be helpful.)
¢ Our Constitution by Subhash Kashyap
¢ Our Parliament by Subhash Kashyap ( Optional )
5. Listen to All India Radio bulletins from 2 PM to 2.30 PM & 9 PM to 9.30 PM very well. Also listen to NDTV news bulletins & programmes like Big Fight, We The People, BBC World so that your General Knowledge expands.
6. Lucent s General Knowledge will also help in this aspect.
7. Any Guide book on RBI Grade B Exam will also shed light on the situation based question & questions testing your decision making ability.
8. Solve the Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning questions that come out in magazines like General Knowledge Today, Pratiyogita Darpan etc.
9. Read some basic economic book like :-
¢ Indian Economy : Problems & Prospects by Uma Kapila OR
¢ Indian Economy by Dutta, Sundharam ( Tougher & better )
10. Develop the skill to solve mathematical & reasoning problems faster. It comes with practice. So the sooner you start practicing, the better your chances of clearing CSAT in 2011 will be ¦
ALL WILL BE WELL ¦ & DON T WORRY TOO MUCH ¦
| This article is written by Dr. Bijay Ketan Upadhyay, IAS. RankÂ “ 5 , CSE- 2008.
Read his other Articles on our blog in the Strategy Section link on the top of the page.